The Petra Nova Project is a commercial scale post-combustion carbon capture project that is being developed by a joint venture between NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) and JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration EOR Limited (JX). The project is designed to separate and capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from an existing coal-fired unit’s flue gas slipstream at NRG’s W.A. Parish Electric Generating Station (WAP) located southwest of Houston, Texas. The captured CO2 will be transported and injected into the West Ranch oil field to boost oil production.
- Carbon Capture Investors Get Tax Credit Clarity From IRS
- New Mexico’s San Juan coal carbon capture project could put investors at risk for $450M: IEEFA
- A Rare Trump-Era Climate Policy Hits an Obstacle: The Tax Man
- Looking forward: PNM official talks next steps as utility looks to end SJGS operations
- Japan Races to Build New Coal-Burning Power Plants, Despite the Climate Risks