The Petra Nova Project is a commercial scale post-combustion carbon capture project that is being developed by a joint venture between NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) and JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration EOR Limited (JX). The project is designed to separate and capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from an existing coal-fired unit’s flue gas slipstream at NRG’s W.A. Parish Electric Generating Station (WAP) located southwest of Houston, Texas. The captured CO2 will be transported and injected into the West Ranch oil field to boost oil production.
- California Public Utility Commission Decision Extends Natural Gas Generation
- Farmington, Enchant Energy applaud Department of Energy’s Funding of Front-End Engineering Design Study for Retrofitting San Juan Generating Station with Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage Technology
- 4 Investigates: New Mexico’s energy battle
- PRESS RELEASE: City of Farmington and Enchant Energy Sign Agreement
- New Mexico city aims to keep open coal-fired power plant