The Petra Nova Project is a commercial scale post-combustion carbon capture project that is being developed by a joint venture between NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) and JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration EOR Limited (JX). The project is designed to separate and capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from an existing coal-fired unit’s flue gas slipstream at NRG’s W.A. Parish Electric Generating Station (WAP) located southwest of Houston, Texas. The captured CO2 will be transported and injected into the West Ranch oil field to boost oil production.
- PRESS RELEASE: City of Farmington and Enchant Energy Sign Agreement
- Enchant Energy Response to IEEFA Report
- Study touts affordability of carbon capture technology at San Juan Generating Station
- Press Release July 8, 2019
- Enchant Energy CEO says San Juan Generating Station carbon capture may cost $1.23 billion