The Petra Nova Project is a commercial scale post-combustion carbon capture project that is being developed by a joint venture between NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) and JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration EOR Limited (JX). The project is designed to separate and capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from an existing coal-fired unit’s flue gas slipstream at NRG’s W.A. Parish Electric Generating Station (WAP) located southwest of Houston, Texas. The captured CO2 will be transported and injected into the West Ranch oil field to boost oil production.
- Former Rocky Mountain Power CEO Cindy Crane steps into new role at Enchant Energy
- Cindy A. Crane named Enchant Energy CEO
- The Mayor’s Table: Mayor Nate Duckett talks with Peter Mandelstam and Hank Adair about San Juan Generation Station Carbon Capture Project
- Peter Mandelstam on Focus on The Four Corners with Host, Debra Mayeux
- PRC hearing examiners recommend three possible scenarios for PNM to replace SJGS power