The Petra Nova Project is a commercial scale post-combustion carbon capture project that is being developed by a joint venture between NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) and JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration EOR Limited (JX). The project is designed to separate and capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from an existing coal-fired unit’s flue gas slipstream at NRG’s W.A. Parish Electric Generating Station (WAP) located southwest of Houston, Texas. The captured CO2 will be transported and injected into the West Ranch oil field to boost oil production.
- Bi Partisan Congressional Letter of Support to House and Senate Armed Services Committees for CCUS and DAC
- Enchant tests investor appetite for CCS with equity raise
- The Brattle Group: The Emerging Value of CCS for Utilities
- DOE Final Scientific/Technical Report on Petra Nova – March 31, 2020
- The Passing of Barry Worthington