The Petra Nova Project is a commercial scale post-combustion carbon capture project that is being developed by a joint venture between NRG Energy, Inc. (NRG) and JX Nippon Oil and Gas Exploration EOR Limited (JX). The project is designed to separate and capture carbon dioxide (CO2) from an existing coal-fired unit’s flue gas slipstream at NRG’s W.A. Parish Electric Generating Station (WAP) located southwest of Houston, Texas. The captured CO2 will be transported and injected into the West Ranch oil field to boost oil production.
- Capito, Whitehouse, Barrasso, Cramer, Hoeven, Smith, Machin Introduce 45Q Legislation
- Enchant Energy says PNM sale to Avangrid will not stop proposed carbon capture project
- New Mexico power plant has world’s largest carbon capture plan
- US DOE supports carbon capture
- New report highlights economic benefits of carbon capture retrofit of San Juan power plant