The City of Farmington and Enchant Energy Corporation signed an agreement for Enchant Energy to acquire 95% ownership interest in the 847-megawatt San Juan Generating Station (SJGS) from the participants exiting in 2022. The City will retain its current 5% ownership in the plant. The agreement is an important step to allow SJGS to operate economically beyond June 30, 2022, saving nearly 1,600 direct and indirect jobs while continuing to produce highly reliable, low-priced, low-emissions and low-carbon baseload power at no additional cost to Farmington Electric Utility System (FEUS) customers.
- Farmington, Enchant Energy applaud Department of Energy’s Funding of Front-End Engineering Design Study for Retrofitting San Juan Generating Station with Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage Technology
- 4 Investigates: New Mexico’s energy battle
- PRESS RELEASE: City of Farmington and Enchant Energy Sign Agreement
- New Mexico city aims to keep open coal-fired power plant
- Farmington, Enchant Energy one step closer to keeping San Juan Generating Station open