The City of Farmington and Enchant Energy Corporation signed an agreement for Enchant Energy to acquire 95% ownership interest in the 847-megawatt San Juan Generating Station (SJGS) from the participants exiting in 2022. The City will retain its current 5% ownership in the plant. The agreement is an important step to allow SJGS to operate economically beyond June 30, 2022, saving nearly 1,600 direct and indirect jobs while continuing to produce highly reliable, low-priced, low-emissions and low-carbon baseload power at no additional cost to Farmington Electric Utility System (FEUS) customers.
- N.M. OKs abandonment of coal plant after meeting ‘sabotage’
- PNM gets OK to abandon San Juan
- PRC unanimously approves PNM ending operations of San Juan following meeting interruption
- Governor signs energy-related bills
- Sargent & Lundy official discusses San Juan retrofit, past success with Petra Nova Project